Interpretation from our RSI Studio
Interpretation is often confused with translation, but they are in nature different: interpreters work with the oral language and translators work with written texts.
In RSI*, interpreters work remotely, allowing the hiring of highly skilled and specialized interpreters located anywhere in the world. The interpreter requires a reliable and robust internet connection, a computer, headset, and a clear and stable sound source. The audience requires access to the enabled interpretation channels.
*RSI means Remote Simultaneous Interpretation, there are other variants such as VRI Video Remote Interpretation and OPI Over the phone interpreting.
We provide state-of-art technology in our RSI Studio, fully equipped with the best technology to guarantee an unparalleled interpreting service.
Technical specifications of our RSI Studio:
* Main Laptop (Intel i7-9750H CPU, 32GB RAM, 64 bits),
* Secondary laptop (Intel i5, 11th Gen, 16GB RAM)
* 2 Backup laptops (Intel i7, 8GB RAM, 64 bits)
* 24-inch-monitor with landscape and portrait modes,
* High-speed fiber optic internet with 400Mb download and 400Mb upload, wired and wireless with redundancy provided by 4G LTE service,
* UPS specifically for the modem and router,
* UPS specifically for the sound mixers, interpreter's console, monitor, and laptops
* Top quality Sennheiser headsets with noise-canceling and both USB and analog connections (PC-131, G4ME ZERO),
* Audio mixer and external USB sound adapters (Sennheiser and Soundblaster)
* Williams Sound IC-2 interpreters console, all in a silent room equipped with an interpretation booth and acoustic panels.