Updated: May 18
• All participants should join the conference on a single platform (Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting, etc) using a computer. This will help prevent parallel conversations on the language channels enabled for simultaneous interpretation.
• Access the corresponding language channel using the link provided. It is recommended to access from a portable device such as a smartphone or tablet just as you would use a simultaneous interpretation receiver (wearing headphones), it is critical that you turn off your microphone and camera prior to joining the session. This will allow participants to access the main meeting and have the ability to enable or disable the audio interpretation.
• Speakers are strongly advised to always use headsets (or an external microphone and headphones), as they offer better sound quality than most PC microphones. PC microphones are very sensitive and tend to pick up and reproduce background noise that will affect not only the sound of that participant but all participants. In multilingual meetings, this recommendation is critical to preserve the quality of the audio received by the interpreters.
• It is recommended to mute phones and other devices that could potentially disrupt the videoconference. Generally speaking, it is recommended to mute the microphone by default and only keep it open when speaking.
• If possible use a wired internet connection, in the case of using Wifi or mobile networks make sure that the signal levels and stability are optimal.
• If interpretation is provided, speakers are encouraged to share the presentation well ahead with the interpreters so that they can adequately prepare the material. It is recommended to schedule a previous meeting with the interpreters to clarify doubts and establish the work dynamics. It is common practice to sign confidentiality agreements between the parties.
🏅At #abcproducciones we have well-known and experienced translators and interpreters 🙋🏻
🎯 Contact us for specialized professional service and advice. 👩🏻🎓
#interpreterslife #translator #interpreter #interprete #event #events #eventos #meeting #eventplanning #conference #congress #corporateevents #eventoscorporativos #meetings #translation #interpretation #traduccion #interpretacion #abcTranslators #abcInterpreters #LostInTranslation #TranslatorsToTheRescue #PrayForTranslators